Thursday 8 September 2011

One to Watch: James Massiah to perform at Bands & Books launch party.

When Bands & Books first stumbled across the rhymes of James Massiah, we knew we'd found something a bit special. At an enviable 21 years old, James is shaking up London's spoken word scene, running his own night The Poet & the Beat  and performing all over the capital, including taking part in Tate Britain's Hours of Words exhibition.  Here's a little bit of what to expect:




James also proves our theory and sweeping generalisation that people who like books tend to have great taste in music;

"At the moment I'm having a Gil Scott Heron renaissance and I'm also very much into David Bowie and Talking Heads right now. I'm also playing a lot of  your Dizzee Rascal's, Wiley's & D Double E types too... Warpaint have also completely stolen my heart!  I'm also quite the Ginsberg fan - my favourite poem of his being "The Complaint of the Skeleton to Time"


'


Join us at Bands & Books on the 16th September and hear James 'Just trying to put the needle in the groove.'

No comments:

Post a Comment